Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Best of 2010: Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie

This week I'm picking out my favorite outfit worn by each of the royals I've covered regularly here on the blog. Join in the fun!

As I said, some of these royals had a whole lot of choices for their best outfits of the year, and some did not. Beatrice and Eugenie did not. Just a parade of short and shorter skirts, really. Such, I suppose, is the peril of balancing your fun-loving university life with that big ol' title in front of your name. Here's what I loved in 2010:
Why are these two outfits my favorites of the year? Because I think they were successful mixings of the personal club-going style of these two ladies and occasion-appropriateness. Eugenie's showing at Sandringham for A Very Royal Christmas 2010 was fantastic, I thought: the coat's the right length but it has great style, as does the slightly funky hat. And I loved Beatrice at Royal Ascot - the flapper-esque dress was a fresh take on the traditional dress + jacket combo.

Honorable Mentions
Eugenie gets an honorable mention just for wearing a longer skirt - and at a club, even! - while Beatrice's summer holiday dress is fresh, crisp, and flattering.

Tell me: what were your favorite Beatrice and Eugenie outfits of 2010?
 
Photos: Belga/MAXPPP

No comments:

Post a Comment