Sunday, January 2, 2011

Best of 2010: Crown Princess Mette-Marit

This week I'm picking out my favorite outfit worn by each of the royals I've covered regularly here on the blog. Join in the fun!

Crown Princess Mette-Marit had a year filled with a lot of neutral, rather boring outfits. Thank goodness she threw in some glamorous turns and a whole lot of killer shoes to liven the party up. The most glamorous of all:
As though the Valentino dress and feathery bag weren't glam enough on their own, she wears the whole thing while alighting from a private yacht. Gorgeous, and my absolute 2010 favorite from the future Queen of Norway.

Honorable Mentions
Honestly, most any occasion in which M-M wore a splash of color could have warranted an honorable mention, but I picked a few other favorites just for fun: the yellow Valentino is a fantastic pop of sunshine, and the blue cloud of a dress from Victoria's wedding is topped by one of my favorite tiaras. Of the many, many tiered ruffle dresses Mette-Marit sported this year, this purple one is my favorite, followed by the unique color combination worn for Queen Margrethe's birthday.

Tell me: what was your favorite Mette-Marit outfit this year?

Photos: Daylife/Getty Images/Belga/DPA/Diez Minutos

No comments:

Post a Comment