Thursday, January 6, 2011

Best of 2010: Grand Duchess Maria Teresa

This week I'm picking out my favorite outfit worn by each of the royals I've covered regularly here on the blog. Join in the fun!


I'm about to gush about my love for Elie Saab gowns. Prepare yourselves:
J'adore! This is delicate. I love this gown because it flatters Maria Teresa's body type, and covers her up so that she doesn't have to stick with a shawl for the whole event, as she is prone to do. And, hello, talk about coming out with your tiara guns blazing. Some people said it was too much, this tiara for this event, but oh how I disagree. Too many diamonds is a condition similar to that of too much chocolate: it doesn't exist in my world.

Honorable Mentions
Another thing you can never get too much of? Elie Saab gowns! (Don't say I didn't warn you about the gushing.) Here's two more: periwinkle at Margrethe's birthday (again, like what's happening with sleeves here) and gorgeous deep blue for National Day. This is what I'm talking about, with the wrap, but the color is so lush I'll give it an honorable mention anyways. I also loved this suit from National Day: very flattering.
Tell me: what was your favorite Maria Teresa outfit of 2010?
 
Photos: Belga/WireImage/Cour gr ducale

No comments:

Post a Comment