Monday, July 11, 2011

Week in Review: The Duchess of Cambridge, 10 July - 16 July, Part 1

And so the odyssey comes to an end. We pick back up on the last day of the Cambridge's trip to North America:

1. Last day of engagements in Los Angeles and departing for home, 10 July, wearing a white pleated skirt and navy crochet top from Whistles with navy heels, her nude clutch, a cross necklace and those diamond and sapphire earrings.
Is it wrong that when I first saw this, I felt a strong Heidi flair, and that's what made me love it? Well, no matter. Kate went out the way she came in: in navy. But despite that color that's become my archnemesis over the course of this trip, I really do love this. It's so girly! I love the detail and the little bow at the waist. And I love that she returned to her inexpensive high street roots for a visit to disadvantaged kids in Skid Row. You all know I love couture more than anything else, but sometimes that's just not right. A well played case of fashion diplomacy, once again.

If we see Kate again this week, we'll do part 2 for the week.

Click here for final thoughts and the trip wrap up!


Photos: AP/Daily Mail/Just Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment